East of Paris Bookstore

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

I don't do much for New Year's.  I don't like silly hats, off-tune singing, or sharing the road with less than sober drivers.  We stay at home and have some champagne when the Crystal Ball drops in New York, then we go to bed as usual.  Midnight is a time we rarely see.  As for New Year's resolutions ... no way.

Yesterday a friend sent me a link to an Auld Lang Syne video (the one above). I held off looking at it remembering that I always need a dictionary to figure out what that song means. It piqued my general aversion to celebrating a meaningless date on the calendar.

If this all sounds grouchy, it's meant to.

Then I watched the video ... while I still am not planning on seeing midnight, my "Oscar the Grouch" attitude disappeared. It is lovely. It makes you think. It makes you grateful for life.

Watch it with the volume up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...