East of Paris Bookstore

Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter Spring

Just when you think that the days are too short and that it is too cold, California surprises with a punch of warmth. It feels like spring despite the fact that we are in mid-winter. I first noticed it this morning when I walked by the tulips in the hallway and saw that they were in full bloom. When did that happen?

 Then I went outside ...
Miniature Meyer Lemons
Tangerines ... or clementines ready for picking.
Even the outdoor cat looks happy.
Good-bye Christmas poinsettia's ... thanks for being strong and lovely these last three months.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful tulips!

    We are supposed to hit the 60s today. That is almost unheard of for January in Nebraska. I'm not liking it at all - I need my winter to resemble winter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...