East of Paris Bookstore

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paris Pastry Shops APP


Finding things on the web can happen in the most unexpected ways. 


Yesterday morning I checked the Blog of designer and blogger extraordinaire, Tobi Fairley. She linked to her guest post at writer - designer Kathryn Greeley's blog, The Collected Room. I had recently received a copy of Kathryn's lovely new book, The Collected Tabletop, so I was interested in seeing what she to say and whose blogs appeared on her Blogroll.  


Which is how I found Paris Breakfasts ... which is how I found the amazing and scrumptious new app:  Paris Pastry Shops ($4.99). The app bills itself as providing
[O]ver 300 of the best pastry, chocolate, ice cream and candy shops in Paris, hand-picked by pastry chef and author David Lebovitz.
It certainly seems to deliver a lot of information, including beautiful photos and useful maps. The only thing I don't care for is the site's icon and logo.
It seems too down-market and unsophisticated in contrast to the actual content of the site. Fortunately, it disappears as soon as you start using the app.
I have already found several of my favorite pastry shops in the app like  Fouquet and Dalloyau.  Now, I can't wait to get back to Paris and try it out on the proving ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...