East of Paris Bookstore

Monday, June 20, 2011

Back

Portofino postcard
We're back from a delicious three week trip to Italy. I spent the last week recovering from jet lag, dealing with laundry, mail and a 1200 pic photo download. I can’t wait to share some of my dining and other adventures. Italy is full of inspiration:  art, fashion, landscape, history and food. I’m planning to devote a few weeks to giving an overview of where we stayed, what I saw, tasted and how good it all felt.


The quiet garden at the Galleria Doria Pamphilj in Rome
As usual, I started the trip with grand ambitions of blogging in real time.  And, again, it didn't work. There were two reasons. First, the times and places that I had access to my laptop and to the internet were limited. Second, and more importantly, after a full day of travel and/or seeing the sights, I preferred to spend my evenings with a book or a long dinner with Mr Wonderful. So, blogging took a back seat. In fact, most of my electronic habits, like checking email, reading my favorite news sites and blogs, went on hiatus. It was strange the first few days, then I was OK with being off-line. A true vacation.  


Colosseum kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...