East of Paris Bookstore

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rentrée

East of Paris has been east of Paris for the better part of two weeks.I have not been able to blog for two equally good reasons. 
  • First, our pilgrimage schedule has been exhausting -- very long days filled with travel, ceremonial visits to dignitaries, religious services, long lunches and late dinners. 

  • Second, in Syria I was not able to log into either my blog or into Facebook.  Each time I tried, I’d get the following message:

         ERROR
         The requested URL could not be retrieved
         The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:     
        Access Denied.
        Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. 
        Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
        Your cache administrator is webmaster
Clearly, some kind of local censorship is alive and working in various places.  So, I am posting this from the airport in Paris, where we are waiting for our flight home to California.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...