East of Paris Bookstore

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tea on the Bosporus

Too busy to make tea and finger sandwiches, I drank diet Coke instead and feasted on my photos of afternoon tea at the Çırağan Palace Hotel [pronounced: Chĭ-ra-an] in Istanbul.


Mr. Wonderful opted for something more substantial:

The Çırağan, located on the European side of the Bosporus and part of the Kempinski group of hotels, is one of my favorite places to stay -- sumptuous, with luxurious rooms, gardens, and pools.
A view of the infinity pool, below which is yet another pool, and then the Bosporus
The gardens by night and a gate to the boat dock

Every time I am there I am amazed at the number of ships that move north and south on this waterway and even more amazed when I realize this has been going on more than 5000 years!

Mr. Wonderful ready for dinner  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...