East of Paris Bookstore

Friday, March 12, 2010

Ah, The Spa

I decided to take my own advice hidden in yesterday’s blog post: namely, to exercise more.  At noon I went to The Spa.  Located a few miles from my office, this is an oasis where I can exercise without feeling self-conscious.  It has all the amenities of a “spa” as well as the challenging parts – ellipticals, bikes, weight machines, and the rest.  After 50 minutes, I treated myself to a salad from the sushi bar and went back to work.

My doctor recently told me that exercise is to be an unavoidable part of my life. Somehow, I don’t think I could be a regular at big and busy gyms where all the women are sculpted in spandex and look like they don’t need to be there.  Fortunately, The Spa makes working out easy for me.  Why?  Mostly because it is not crowded when I go and the very name feels relaxing.

So, I spent 35 minutes doing an interval training program on the treadmill followed by 15 minutes with a few weight machines.  All the while I could watch two of the large flat screen TVs suspended from the ceiling.  My eyes wandered from CNBC to the Food Network.  Watching the market close while a chef made fried chicken made the time pass very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...